The Immediate Trade Target
FLORIDA GULF COAST UNIVERSITY
Classes were first held on the campus of Florida Gulf Coast University (FGCU) in 1997. Student enrollment at FGCU increased from approximately 2,000 students in its first year to nearly 15,000 today and is on target to continue expanding. FGCU is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Degree Programs:
- 51 undergraduate degree programs
- 28 graduate degree programs
- 1 specialist program
- 2 doctoral degree programs
- Current Enrollment: 14,673 students
- 91.5% are from Florida (47% from Southwest Florida); 7% from other states; 1.5% international
- Full-time students = almost ¾ of the student body
- Campus: 800 acres
- 89 completed buildings on campus
- 15-acre solar field
- 400 acres are restored and preserved wetlands and uplands
- Student Housing:
- Existing FGCU Residential Community: 1 mile
- South Village capacity = 2,293
- North Lake Village = 1,956
- West Lake Village = 501
- Total = 4,750 On Campus Housing Units
- Off campus Coastal Village = 1.5 miles
- Capacity = 800 students in 200 units
- Future Phase = 800 units
- University Village planned student housing = 600 beds in Phase I
- Clubs & Organizations:
- 20 Fraternities and Sororities
- 26 Sports Clubs
- 180 Student Organizations
- Faculty & Staff:
- 512 total number of faculty
- 741 total number of staff
(Source: Florida Gulf Coast University and The Scion Group)
Adjacent Trade Area Profile
DAILY VEHICULAR TRAFFIC ON ADJACENT FEEDER ROAD
- Ben Hill Griffin Parkway, south of Alico Road: 26,300
- Ben Hill Griffin Parkway, north of Estero Parkway: 18,800
- Ben Hill Griffin Parkway, north of Corkscrew Road: 15,100
(Source: Lee County Department of Transportation Traffic Count Report, February 2013)
(Source: Research by The Nielsen Company on behalf of The News-Press, 2014)
Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW)
- 8 minutes drive from University village
- 7.6 million passengers served by RSW in 2013
- 2014 YTD traffic through March is up
- 3.3 percent over the same time period last year
(Source: RSW Traffic Reports)
AREA ATTRACTIONS ATTENDANCE & TRAFFIC
- Germain Arena
- located 1/2 mile from University village on the same road
- approximately 900,000 annual spectators
- Miromar Outlets
- located ¾ mile from University village on the same road
- annual visitor count is just under approximately 8 million
- Jet Blue Park, home of Boston red sox spring training
- located 10 minutes drive from University village, on a connecting road
- 187,560 annual spectators
Click on the map above to enlarge.
Miromar Development’s University Village is a residential and commercial development adjacent to Florida Gulf Coast University located mid-way between Naples and Fort Myers on Florida’s west coast. University Village will provide off-campus housing, retail and convenience shops and restaurants. The property is located immediately adjacent to the southern border of Florida Gulf Coast University and will create university environment where students, staff and faculty can meet, shop and eat. It will also help meet the housing needs of faculty members and a growing student population.
FGCU and University Village will enjoy important synergies through proximity and mutual interests. Florida Gulf Coast University belongs to the 12-campus state University system of Florida and offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs. Current enrollment at Florida Gulf Coast University is currently over 14,000 and projected to reach 22,000 students. Staff and faculty total more than 1,100. Student enrollment grows year over year and the campus continues to advance
with new buildings and facilities.
The award-winning California architecture and planning firm of KTGY Group has designed the project with unique mission-style architecture, providing exciting student residences that will meet FGCU’s growing need for student housing. Upon completion the project will consist of 16 buildings containing 1,400 beds along with an array high-end amenities including state-of-the-art clubhouse facility, fitness center and large resort-style pool overlooking a ten-acre lake in the center of the complex.
The heart of University Village will be located in the Plaza, designed with brick paver walkways, gathering areas with benches and tropical landscaping nestled between coffee houses, restaurants and shops. This diverse project will appeal to the local community and families visiting from out of state wishing to enjoy the ambiance of University Village.
The newly released plans include fully furnished two and four bedroom apartments offering each student a private bedroom and bath and core living and dining areas with Wi-Fi technology. The 3-story garden style apartments will be built around central courtyards and open space for student lifestyle activities and connected to a walking and bike path to campus.
The commercial retail component, University Village Shops, will range from 100,000 to 150,000 square feet of leasable retail. Potential tenants will include convenience services, restaurants, boutique shopping and grocery/health & beauty retailers. University Village Shops will be located adjacent to Ben Hill Griffin Parkway, a corridor heavily travelled by the millions of travelers annually who utilize southwest Florida international airport, and the residents of the numerous communities within a several mile radius. The roadway parallels interstate 75 with two convenient
exits within 1/4 mile.
For Leasing Information, please call (239) 390-5100.